Monday, September 18, 2017

MORE Fall Camping Trip - #23

This weekend was the 23rd Annual MORE Fall Camping Trip.  The third year in a row to Big Bear Lake WV (Bruceton Mills, WV).

And damn it was good.

Friday was a fairly warm day and a late start due to never ending work meant I didn't leave the house till 11:45.  By the time my shopping was done it was 12:30.  Oh well.  The drive out wasn't bad after getting thru the usual BS on I270.  Made it in just after 330.  A quick setup of tent and stuff and I was out for a ride with E-dog, MOBL and Germ.  We hit a nice set of ....mostly....chill trails.  10 miles and we were back for b33r and relaxation.  Team XXL was the party hub as usual and with it being Joel's b-day we had a hell of a night.  Good food, tons of Tequila, Bourbon, and Beer.  The camp had Hop Nosh and an Amber on draft.  They survived thru the night some how.  Many people came in late or on Saturday AM it seemed.  The night was warm but once I sacked out I slept well.  Nice to get 7 or 8 hours of sleep!

Saturday became a HUGE day.  Breakfast was catered and awesome this year!  Then it was time to prep and stuff and we were off a bit past 10:30.  We hit the burly shit. The first 10 miles took near 2 hours.  By that time I was tired and not being in the 1st bail out I lead out the 2nd group.  We got an awesome gravel and paved road set of descents that were mind blowingly fast.  Picked up bits of trail and ended with 14+ miles.  Got in a nice long shower as we were in a slow time and then had snacks and beer.  Cranked up the homemade grill and cooked 2 AWESOME flank steaks.  Asian bombs of flavor.  Then it was off to the potluck.  Somehow I didn't make top 10, I think my label got lost!  Oh well it was all gone and I got tons of complements.

Then we got a drive-by golf cart parade from the locals.  Throwing out candy.  In retrospect I think it might have been leftover from last Halloween after looking at the skittles!  But like 50-60 golf carts!  Music, Lights, and Laughter.  Hung out but as usual Saturday sent me to bed early and by 9 I was chilling and reading.  Loud groups kept me up till about 12, but it was all good.  Relaxed and reading is fine.  Slept till about 7:30 then read again.

Morning was finally cool and pants paid off for the 1st bit.  Cocoa and Oatmeal for breakfast.  Yah. Packed up everything mostly and was out to ride by 10:45 solo.  Went out and knocked down 10+ miles on my own running into several groups.  It was a great day.  Done at 12:30.  Hung out till 1:30 and then headed home.  A lazy drive back, then unpacked and am now 90% done packing/etc.

Trails

Friday - Jump line, purple, black, yellow, grey, green, roadside.
Saturday - Red, purple, black, red, red, yellow, blue, ???, pines, road back.
Sunday - Jump Line, Road, Green-West, Yellow, Orange, Fern, Yellow, Blue Kids course, Yellow, Little Canann, Roadside.


No comments: