Wednesday, April 08, 2020

Corona Corona Part 1 - 2020

Welcome to Sping!  Now Stay the F#@$ Home! 

Thanks Corona/C-19 for mucking up a beautiful spring (at least here in DC) for everyone.  Sigh.

Really I have no reason to truly complain compared to many.  My job is stable.  I've been on Work From Home mostly since in Spring of 2019 or so.  So far no one I directly know has had Corona. 

I have the standard spring allergies in fact, they are already cranked up to near May levels I feel with itchy eyes and runny nose and drainage.  I also have a cough but it's not dry.  Thanks post-nasal drip while sleeping!   The weather change from to cool to warmer has been pretty crazy.  We've already almost hit 80 already in late March and now again in early April. 

March was a better month activity wise than both January and February combined with 19 hours of logged activity on 153 miles.  My running was lame at 1 run.  But better is better than 133 in 2 months.  So far April is trending better already have 4 hours logged at 53 miles.  Going to try and hit the 200mi mark and really 20+ hours but we shall see.   Steps in Mar was 344K nearly matching my best month of Nov with 360K.  And was my 2nd best month in the last 12 mo. 

Weight...Meh.  Early March with the start of Corona I was eating...too much for sure.  I hit 212.  Today I weighted in at 209 so things are working.  And I'm probably retaining a bit due to 2 beers last night so I think I am closer to 208.  By end of month my goal is to be SOLIDLY down at 205. Again.  Cycling 2x and running 2x. 

Riding it's been mainly stuff around the area like Navy Fed loops where I don't encounter many other cyclists/people minus the short bit of the WOD and then Wakefield via CCT.  The CCT on the way down tends towards busy.  Vs coming back near dark or after it's almost clear!  Usually doing a mix of trailwork then just riding a bit. 

Off this Friday for Good Friday so hoping to get in an extra ride in the AM. 

Relationship = Fair Winds and Clear Skies for now.  Wishing that COVID hadn't impacted both our separate trips that should have started this week but having each other now is a major good thing we both agree.  Now we are looking for summer options but who knows?  Will things be back to normal by 4th of July?

Speaking of normal one bummer was that W@W the weekly race in June/July at Wakefield is probably cancelled for this year.  A bit of a bummer in some ways, in other ways it takes a load of us trying to get ready in a rush to say start in mid-June if stay at home does end on June 10th. 

My prediction - Stay at Home/Shelter in Place goes thru the summer.  With some slight restrictions being lifted but who knows.  I'll revisit in June if nothing else.

Stay Safe, Stay Active, Stay Sane.  Stetch, Relax, Go for Walks.  Appreciate Life. 

No comments: