Friday, April 17, 2020

Irregular Like a.....Fox?

A bit of habit building in making another one of these posts.  Really mostly about forcing myself to track the WT. 

Yesterday was a planned solo'ish workday to do some Canadian Beaver stuff down at Wakefield.  I was planning to get out one big tree and a small on the creek trail then work on pushing back encroaching stuff in phase 4.    Well it ended up being a LOT of cutting on the creek trail I think I must have made 30+ cuts in an hour and a half or so.  I was and am still BEAT.   It's a whole body workout. 

Didn't end up with as much of a ride as I wanted i should have done a short extra loop on CCT with trailer.  But I will say 2 hours plus 6 miles of hauling a trailer that is 40lbs+ is a decent workout.

Earlier in the week I had a crazy low weight in, and sorta knew it was semi-synthetic, I was probably a bit dehydrated.  Wednesday I hit 206.3 which was...low.  I re-weighted in today at 207.3 not bad post 2 beers and a decent serving of General Tso's w/rice. 

Today should be a run I think at lunch time...sigh.  Running sucks but it is quick and easy. 

And my favorite MTB helmet broke when I was back loading up at the car.   The side piece that connects to the back adjusty thing just snapped!  FUUUU.  I think I'd had the helmet 2+ year maybe a bit over 2.5.  The helmet was made in Feb 2017 though so it was over 3 years old.  ARGH.

I need 2 new helmets now.  And with the 'Rona not really the time to be trying on helmets.

I like the integrated mounts with the Bonty Rally MIPS.  My old helmet was a Bonty Lithos MIPS.  The wave cell....is interesting.  But  is it Snake Oil?  The Rally MIPS would be 390G near 100G lighter than my Lithos.  If I went to the Blaze it would be 440G but still near 50G lighter.  We shall see.

Next weeks plan?  Bike maintenance.  Need to do the rear tire on the Snuggler.  I need to A) Fix it Directionally and B) Re-Toobless it.  It's been a year I think.  UGH.  Or replace the tire really.  Tire is 2.5 years old and I found signs of weepage this week.  Will recheck on Monday.  Tread seems okay so maybe it just needs a solid re-application of Stans.  Meh.    Both bikes need some love.  And sometime soon I need to deal with the Ye Old Road Bike.  It's been busted for...near a year? And then I need to figure out if I'm going to build up the Sir9 or just buy a new HT and then dispose of both the Trek and the Sir9.  Also need to deal with the cruiser out back. 

No comments: