Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Creepin Down

Week 6 of Corona-Palooza. 

Things progress in a slow creeping sort of way in both work and life.   My riding went ok last week though Beaver Work at WF led to a few small spots of Poison Ivy...sigh.   I've gotta get to my hardcore setting and get used to cold showers post any trailwork.  Though where it showed up I think it was contact contamination. 

Weight is slowly creeping down.  Food insertion control is a major key.  206.9.   Not my lowest weight in, but I think it's a non-biased point in that I didn't especially eat light/carefully or such and didn't have a huge sweaty ride/run yesterday.  In fact my run yesterday was pretty good for lately and I actually felt pretty good and wasn't very sweat at all between cool temp and breeze. 

Hopefully a ride at lunch today.  We shall see.

Sleep?  Well I got none last night.  It's been a while since I've had a sleepless night.  Just couldn't wind the brain down then the body was still going.  Oh well I'll sleep like a log tonight.  Not the first time I've pulled an all night'er.

Rain is all over the forecast of the next 7 days I think 5 days.  Not all day but annoying as...heck. 

And it's been a ROUGH week for equipment.  My MTB helmet bit the dust Thursday post trailwork.  One of the plastic connector bits broke and it is done.  And Gone. 

Then on Sunday at some point on a Rock Creek/CCT Loop with SLF the stupid power button vanished from my Garmin.  By my reckoning the unit is probably 7 or 8 years old so not bad.  Way better than my old 305's that made it a couple years before button failure happened.  Replacement?  Eventually.  Right now it can't be used at all in wet conditions.  I can still turn it on and off with a pokey thing.  830?  1030?  1030 is on sale but not sure I want the hugeness and the new features on the 830 are pretty damn cool. 

And like 2-3 weeks ago my Garmin watch vanished at TW at Wakefield, though the band was in failing condition I should have already switched to a backup I had.  Oh well. 

Lights?  Failing also - Positive Side - I ordered a new light from Outbound Lighting for Bar as the current thing I have is a Piece of CRAP but it was El' Amazon-cheap-o.   If I end up with another Bonty helmet then I can stay with their light system...I think.  If i end up somewhere else?  Then I'll have to figure a new plan for new helmet light action.  Low Profile and integrated battery preferred on that.  We shall see though.  Part of me wants to go to Gemini again, or maybe I'll try the outbound helmet version.  Looks pretty wicked. 



No comments: