Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Mid-sommer Chain Fun for Fred

 

Chain - 3 - Time to come off, 1141.7 Miles.  

  • Originally on at 650 Miles - May 13
  • Secret applied at 805 - June 5 - 150 Initial, Post 350 - 
    • Limited wet/rain rides really does extend life 
  • Removed for Clean/Re-wax - 1141.7 - July 29  - 492.6 Miles
  • Chain wear at less than .20 still based on Gauge. 

Chain 1 - 550 Miles on it, re-waxed after cleaning on May 13.

  • Put back on at 1142 Miles.
  • Chain wear at TBD  - Chain a bit solid from wax, short ride - recheck, maybe 1 more cycle after this?    

Need to Order Chain 4 to have 3 in rotation.   Sigh.    

 

Grimace is getting better, the old bars were a HUGE fix for my old man wrists.   Need to replace the bars this fall though.   Do i miss electronic shifting?  Not a ton, other than my thumbo.   

 

Fred still has fitment issues.  I may need...major changes, I'm about 1 inch/2.5cm/22mm short on reach compared to the ole CX/Cross bike Ichigo.   And thats with Fred also having a much lower seat to stem drop.

 

The rear tire need a HOT date with Stans.   After a bad commute loosing lots of air I pulled the tire on Monday and found barely any toobless juice.  (It was clear??!?!?!).  Wiped out, checked for major punctures with the finger and found none.  2.5 oz of Stans.  Shake and Bake.  I'd say loosing less than 1 psi a day.   Testing over next few days where it's travel and MTB.

Front tire next week.  

 1500'ish miles for the year so far, 1325 in last 6 months.  Not bad.  July numbers are down due to other commitments honest.   I'm sub 200 from missing a few commute chances due to days off and other work commitments offsite.   Oh well, re commit and push in August.   

 

No comments: