Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Flats and Flats

 Monday Morning.  Post junk transferal.   

No Coffee.

No Breakfast.

Tired, Sore and a tad Cold.

 PhsssSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs.

 

Nothing beats a front tire puncture when your already a bit late to work.  Especially when it's a newly refreshed toobless tire.  Getting sprayed with Stans.  I almost went home and got the CX Rig.  But I opted to just man up and tube it.   Nasty with stans still in it, but not fooling with cleaning out.   Getting out the toobless valve, requires a screwdriver to rotate it a few times, it's seated so well in the rim.  Pumping.  Pumping.  Pumping.  A battery pump is now on the list.  Not quite firm enough.   

Down the CCT I go.  Bethesda Pump near Bethesda Bike and Ski - No joy, its fuxored, lose some air.  Ride to River RD at the Storage Wars, no luck, pump head is also fuxored.  More lost air.  Pumping.  Pumping.  Pumping.  Text work I'm running late.

 915 in the office, 45 mins late, 1 hour 20mins total time.  53 minutes due to slow rolls at times.   Should be 45 mins.  Argh.  Oh well.   

Just under 1500 miles on the front tire and ironically, it had started a faster leak 10-12 days before and on Wed/Thursday last week I'd added Stans and done the ole Shake n Bake method.  Tire was holding pressure really well.  And then spoosh.  Stans in the face.

 

Now the pressure is set, time to replace the front tire.   I ride a LOT of urban.   I've honestly never had a toobless hit like that, usually i've burped tires on MTB doing jumps/dumb crap at too low pressure.  

 

On tonights menu?  Battling Verizon to get the fios up.

 

No comments: