Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Repairs and Replacements

Last week I did the Little Bennett Night ride again. During the ride once again my rear brake lever pushrod came loose again (this controls how far towards the bar you have to pull to get brakes.). I'd had it with it and decided to replace it. It then started to not full return to normal position. Okay sign from above... Then on the way out coming off browning run towards clarksville rd. my rear tire went Hisssssssssssssssssss. And flatted. I caught up and pumped up on the other side. The slime tube got me another half mile before it reflatted mostly up the last hill. A mile push back was all that was left. Argh. Not worth the time/effort to change out in the forest in the dark with bugs and wet ground. Push work out back.

So I replaced the tube Saturday and went and picked up a Juicy 7 to replace my rear Hayes So1e. Very cool, had them install the disc. I got home and went to install the brake....oops. Wrong adapter...203 not 160...argh. Also while at the shop they noticed my seat was looking "a bit" off. The rails were fully crushed and the bolt on the post was rubbing into the seat bottom. I did research that night and a bit sunday. I finally ended up picking up a Terry Fly Ti. I also got the correct adapter and went on. I installed it the brake. Then the new saddle. Man, that thing felt like a frickin brick at first. Had to change my seating position a bit and if felt much better. The new brake ROCKS! One finger all the way, good modulation. And easy install. I just need to drop it off and have the line shortened. Probably wait and have that done after I do the front later this month or maybe next.

Ran at the gym last night. Only moderately cooler than outdoors. Ugh. Here's hoping for a good thursday this week.

No comments: