Friday, July 13, 2012

Escape Velocity Built

Wow, after what feels like forever, my vacation starts next week.  My last one was back in early March to see my folks and well, visiting the parents, isn't really a vacation :)  Say it's a half-cation.

This time I'm off to the OBX which I haven't been to since probably Reagan was in his first term as president.  I want to say I was in 1st grade but not positive.  Staying in Nags Head and hoping to get some good riding, good relaxing and good swiming in.  Also hoping to make it to the Wright Bro's museum.  

Wakefield ride last night was pretty good, we rode mostly Accotink which is sort of amazingly clear excluding 1 or 2 spots, especially the last big descent near the dam area which is blocked by a HUGE tree.  Got 8 miles and change, no pre-ride as I stayed late at work.  Post ride was good time chilling, drinking beer and hanging out.   The girl who damaged a tooth a few years ago came back for the first time.  Felt horriible hearing a few others were also damaged!  Ouch!  Major dental work for her.  Damn.  Now she wears a mouth guard, probably not a bad idea really.  

Put a deposit down for J on a bike to checkout on our way outa town on Saturday.

Tonight it's Dream Theater at the Warner.  Should be another awesome show, saw them earlier on tour and was really impressed.

Oh and Happy Friday the 13th.  :P

No comments: