Thursday, June 13, 2013

F Spring.

You know what else Spring brings besides cooler temps.

It brings rain.  GOBS of F'n rain.

Since June 1st - Between 4.5 and 6.5 depending on where you are in NVA.  MD has gotten more I think.  Today we may add an inch or more again.  And once again it's looking like no TNR.  Though I did get some pre-ride pre-rain action last week.  And it's almost the same forecast, clears for a bit this afternoon then turns to rainy/t-storm central starting at 5 PM for the next 4 or 5 hours.  Ugh.  I might have to commit to that ultimate sin after work.  A run.

Desolation and other things are setting in I fear. 

Yesterday I did bike to work, then opted to drive over to Fresh Bikes at Mosiac District and do the Wed ride in Vienna with Pete.  It was a blast, pretty informal.  Low key I suspect also.  I averaged 15.6.  In all 3 of my last 3 rides this week.  I definitely wasn't pushing last night so I know I could hold faster and this was after 16 miles in commuting also.  But it wasn't like I was Pete who had done 111 miles earlier in the day.  But we all know Pete ain't all there, in the best possible way.

Also met up with Mike R, Vince A, and Sean C who I haven't seen in a while either.  It was a lot of fun and I plan to be back next week with the course actually loaded.

Strava continues to be a tool of mostly good in driving me to push myself in distances and time and a bit  in speed.  I simply also realize that I'm not going to be strong enough for a while to challenge in some of the very regular segments out there.

This weekend I have flagged for my 100MoN for Fatcyclist.com.  If I get Saturday off it will be awesome.  Sunday won't be quiet as nice.  Oh well we will see.  It may have to be a 2 day split also.  Who knows.  I'd like to do it as 1 but life has a way of interrupting.  At the least it will be 100KM of Nowhere.  Out and back to P-ville will be 100KM+  I estimate actually that would be near, uh 109KM/68 miles. What will really suck is after I do whatever I do I will need to spend 20 minutes walking per 2 hours of riding to keep my legs from revolting for the next 3 to 10 days.  I may even just build it into the ride and walk a few sections to keep the legs looser. 

No comments: