Thursday, April 26, 2012

A little bit of shopping, and a few more fixes.

Went out after work to get the vehicle a wash and wax. Damn thing was soooo clean I couldn't believe it. The front window was soooo clean it really didn't seem to be there almost, excluding the lack of wind on my face. Wow. I wish I could get the windows THAT clean. Off to Spokes then to pick up some parts and see what they had laying around. First I grabbed a new set of cleats and a new bottle of RnR Extreme lube for the bike. I prefer Gold in the bedroom personally, the ladies like it better! Then I started looking at bikes. Strangely enough they carry Trek and Specialized. I thought that was like carrying Chevy and Ford or Toyota and Honda. Hmmm. So after some browsing I notice they have 2 sets of CX Stuff in, Surly and Specialized. The Specialized was kinda neat as it was setup more for commuting but could handle up to 35's and had disc brakes (BB7). The Surly CC was the wrong size. I played around a bit with the high end Aluminum specialized but it was a harsh mistress I could tell. So then I noticed they had an LHT in 58 so I took that out. Whee! It was a blast. I do believe 58 is the right size for me on CX'ish style frames, though I still need to try the CC in 58. No joy on bash guards and they didn't have the specialized shoe I wanted to try on in my size in stock. So off I went again. Next stop. Performance. Initially I planned for a quick in and out, but in the end I tried out a Fuji CX Pro in 58 and REALLY liked it. It was running SRAM double tap and not bad. The carbon fork up front handled the bumps REALLY well, better than any other carbon front ended bike I'd ridden yet. Did feel a bit too in the race position. A guy there suggested the Fuji CX 2.0 instead as it has a more upright geometry and it has an ultegra rear derailleur. Didn't ride it as it was getting a bit late and I had some other stuff to do. On the way back I stoped at my home supply store and got a set of star drive bits for removing the outer chain ring to eventually put on a bash guard and some super insane glue to try and fix my spinning bottle cage things. I glued the hell out of the one that is out last night, hopefully it's well set and solid today. Otherwise I'll be ziptieing the water bottle cage outa the way. Weather tonight is looking like a mess with a chance of rain at 4 and 5 then t-storms after. Enjoyed a Bells Porter last night. Well done, very smooth and tasty porter that went down with an awesome Willards BBQ burrito with Pulled Pork. Damn good. I did also replace my very worn front break pads are now replaced, unfortunately I couldn't find organics locally so for now its metal scintillated. Noisier. Grrr. Also been working on the ride calendar on the MORE website getting some of the regular rides back on the listing that hadn't yet including 2 Tuesday Rides and 1 Alternating Saturday ride. Also the new map for FH is pimpin. Can't wait for it's official release. Weather is clearing up, looks like the ride is ON!

No comments: