Monday, April 14, 2014

To Shjed or not to Shjed.

Solid weekend in the books.   Friday was a well needed rest day.  Saturday we did a Shed Epic 24/25 miles of  the Fred-neck Waterless Shed.  For having gotten a bit of rain overnight it was REALLY dry.  We did a bunch of trails including Dave's, Huggy, Lawn Mower, EF, Trail of Tears, No-Longer-Knucklebuster, Hairway to Steven, and at Sallamander I bailed for the road ride back to Hamburg lot.  Got a pretty good sunburn on that.  Ugh. 

We cleaned up and hit Tex Mex place in Frederick then picked up b33r and rolled on down to S'leesburg for a few hours of socialization at the Bakers Dozen.  Almost was sad to not be riding it while watching people go roundy round. 

Spent Sunday catching up on some house stuff then helping a friend fix her house after some windows were installed.  I also helped her dispose of my old TV I had given her for her bedroom some years ago when I got my LCD.  The TV was from July 1990 according to the manufacturer sticker. I did have it repaired once while I was living in Tallahassee in 2001 or 2002 I think but other than that it still mostly  worked.  But it was a big huge power sucking monstrosity.  Weighted maybe 75lbs or more.  Was a big 24 or 26 inch.  My arms and shoulders are SORE. 

Riding into work today was rough.  With sore shoulders and legs I didn't spin out or run on yesterday it was a battle at first plus a solid headwind from the west SUCKED.  After today's commute and maybe a short run tonight, I will have my most active month since December and I will be on pace to hit my best month of last Sept at 31 hours. 

No comments: