Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Not Dead Yet

After innumerable viewings of Better of Dead this winter (nothing else to do, it was too snowy/rainy/cold) to generally ride my bike more than 1 day a week), I got back on the commute horse today.  Well back on the Volpe and rolled into work.

Holy Sheet.  I'm #@@$@ outa shape.  Or my legs aren't used to that!   My layering was also not optimal or being outa shape is making me VERY sweaty.  I was in tights, bib shorts,  long sleeve wooly and a jacket at 44'ish and I was sweaty as a pig when I got to work, next time I go wooly and sleeveless vest and 3/4 light pants.    The bigger question is boots versus shoes with toe covers.  I'm leaning towards the toe covers. 

In other news I'm tracking my b33r/drink intake for April to try and reduce a bit. Or set a reduction goal.  For now I'm at 2.  I really didn't mean to have the 2nd one last night!  Honest!  The Perennial Sump Coffee stout is great with nice coffee/chocolate balance.  Founders Nitro Oatmeal Stout is just smooth as hell. 

For the first time in 8.5 years almost I'm going to have a regular Sat-Sun weekend starting this weekend.  Road bike ride on Saturday morning and MTB on Sunday with Punga at Gambrill.  Hell yah! 

Now if only the rains would slow down. 

No comments: