Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Sping Suprise???

Well at the rate we had been going, I didn't think we were going to get a spring in winter like they did last year. However its not obvious I was wrong as rain. The last 3 days have been marvelous. Yesterday I went mud-riding along the C&O canal. It was muddy as hell, thankfully I brought my fenders along, I slogged thru at a tremendously slow 12mph. Add in my ongoing issues with my rear free hub (pawls that stick) and it wasn't a fun as possible ride. After the main ride, I road a lap around my wife's old neighborhood to get some hills in. Managed to hit 27mph in once section for a quick burst. Not bad. I need to do more off-trail riding to improve my distance conditioning I guess.

Friday sucked. I left work an hour early to go ride at Little Bennett. Alas a traffic jam took an hour and 45 minutes for me to clear 6 miles. ugh. I got there and we rode the last 45 mins together from 9:10 to 9:55'ish. Only got in slightly less than 4 miles.

Now my bike is in at city bikes for getting the rear hub serviced. Also discovered a broken spoke. Though at $25 to fix that I'm a bit peeved. I think last time I had a spoke replaced it was $15, at of all places, Spokes here in VA.

No comments: